How do I open an account?
- Choose the service you require
- Complete Legae’s account opening application form
- Post or hand deliver the original application together with the following FICA documents
What FICA documents are required to open an account?
- Original certified copy of ID document, passport or drivers licence
- Original certified copy of bank statement in your name, not older than 3 months, or letter on bank letterhead confirming your bank account details, or a cancelled cheque.
- Original certified copy of a utility bill not older than 3 months (Rates & Taxes, Cell phone Account, Telkom, SABC licence, short term insurance policy) confirming your physical address
- Original certified copy of SARS documentation confirming the clients name and income tax number
Trusts/ Investment clubs/ companies
- Separate set of documents are required. Contact Legae to request.
How long does it take to open an account?
It takes 2 working days from the date that the required documentation is received
What is the minimum investment value?
Managed portfolios – R250 000
Non-discretionary – The minimum portfolio value is R50 000 with a minimum transaction value of R10 000 recommended
What trading products do we provide?
How do I trade once my account is open?
To place an order contact Legae Securities Private Client team via email or telephone to give the instruction:
011 722 7330
How can I access or view my portfolio online?
How do I change or reset my password?
How do I change my postal address, contact details, bank details?
For changes to the following:
- Email/Contact number – send an email to digibroker.co.za confirming your Legae account number and new email address
- Address – send original certified copy of utility bill in your name, not older than 3 months confirming your new address
- Bank details – send an original certified copy of your bank statement or letter from bank, not older than 3 months confirming your new account details
How do I request a tax certificate?
What is dematerialisation of shares?
It is the process of converting a physical share certificate into an electronic format. This is required by the JSE before the share can be traded.
What is the process to dematerialise a share certificate?
- Open an account with Legae Securities to facilitate the process
- Send the physical share certificate together with Legae’s account opening application and FICA documentation
- Once the account has been opened, the shares will be registered into the account and an account opening statement confirming the holdings will be sent to the account holder
How do I transfer my portfolio from my existing stockbroker to Legae Securities and how long will it take?
- We will provide you with a transfer instruction form that you will be required to complete.
- Send the transfer form together with a copy of your share account statement to your existing stockbroker and to Legae Securities (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- We will contact your existing stockbroker to arrange the transfer.
If there is a change in beneficial ownership the transaction is completed after 5 working days.